2. Objectives of the Residence Community Living Standards
- To create a safe, secure, responsible and respectful community by outlining the positive standards of behaviour expected within the residence community and holding Residents and their Guests accountable for behaviour that violates these standards and encouraging Residents to resolve their community living issues in a mature fashion.
- To create an environment conducive to academic success by promoting behaviour among Residents and their Guests that creates an effective learning environment.
- To create an environment conducive to personal growth and development by educating Residents about the effect that their choices may have on themselves and others around them and providing Residents with an opportunity to learn from their behaviour.
- To create a fair environment by following the Principles of Natural Justice and Procedural Fairness and clearly defining the standards and processes that Residents, Guests and Staff are expected to follow.